The Legislature passed many of CALCASA’s priority support bills before the end-of-session deadline.
The following is a summary of CALCASA supported bills that have been chaptered. California Statutes are the Chaptered Bills. A bill is “chaptered” by the Secretary of State after it has passed through both houses of the Legislature and has been signed by the Governor.
- SB 432 (Runner) Crime victims: restitution
- SB 583 (Hollingsworth) Sex offenders
- SB 447 (Yee) Criminal records: custodian
- SB 668 (Hollingsworth) Sex offenders
- SB 669 (Hollingsworth) Sexually violent predators
In light of the tremendous budget deficit, this is a great show for CALCASA and we hope to see continued successes at the Capitol. CALCASA Public Policy is advocating for the Governor to sign a number of bills that have been passed by the legislature and are awaiting his signature. Those bills include:
- SB 588 (Committee on Public Safety) Sex Offender Management Board.
- AB 1017 (Portantino) Sexual assault crimes.
- SB 325 (Alquist) Sex offenders: assessments.
- SB 314 (Calderon) Crime victims.
- AB 382 (Ammiano) Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation: inmates and wards: classification.
- AB 988 (Brownley) Human trafficking: training content.
A big thanks to all of the CALCASA members who have sent letters or subscribed to the Grassroots Online Advocacy Center. Many of these bills would not have been as successful without the hundreds of letters we have seen from you.
For a complete list of legislation tracked by CALCASA this year, you can review the 2009 Bill Tracking page.