CALCASA is pleased to collaborate with Transforming Communities and California Partnership to End Domestic Violence on the following regional events sponsored by the California Department of Public Health:
Enhancing our Primary Prevention Efforts:
Intergenerational Partnerships, Engaging Youth and Social Change
These regional trainings are sponsored by the California Department of Public Health, Violence Prevention Unit. The regional trainings and networking meetings will be conducted by Transforming Communities Technical Assistance, Training and Resource Center (TC-TAT) and the California Coalition Against Sexual Assault (CALCASA) and in partnership with the California Partnership to End Domestic Violence (CPEDV).
These trainings will bring together prevention staff from California rape crisis centers and domestic violence agencies. You are recommended to invite community partners you would like add to this conversation about promoting prevention.
- Handout on Youth Development, Power Continuum, Tips for Effective Youth-Adult Partnerships, and Making Youth-Adult Partnerships Work (from TC-TAT adapted from California Center for Civic Participation)
- What if we didn’t have target audiences but co-creators? (blog post by David Lee)
- Handout on Prevention Background (from CALCASA)
Training Locations and Dates
- Central Valley Region: March 11, Friday @ Mariposa
- Far North Region: March 28, Monday @ Klamath, Del Norte County
- Bay Area Region: March 31, Thursday @ Oakland
- Los Angeles area : May 2, Monday– @Los Angeles
- San Diego area: May 3, Tuesday– @ San Diego
- Sacramento area: May 12, Thursday– @Sacramento
- Central Coast: June 1, Wednesday– @San Luis Obispo
All sessions will start at 10:00 a.m. and end at 4:00 p.m.
Cost: Free (Optional lunch available for $16.00. Pre-registration required.)
Limited travel stipends are available upon request (priority given to those in rural areas).
If you are interested in attending this workshop series, please complete the on-line registration form OR contact TC-TAT (see below for contact information). After you register for this event, you will be asked to fill out a brief online survey to prepare for your participation.
At the trainings, participants will:
- Establish shared visioning around intergenerational partnerships for domestic violence/sexual violence/teen dating violence primary prevention and social change;
- Explore the emerging and existing opportunities for engaging youth around prevention of domestic violence/sexual violence/teen dating violence and connecting to other movements for social justice; and
- Participate in a CPEDV–CALCASA Prevention Network Building Meeting
For Registration and More Information:
Elouise Burrell, TC-TAT Project Coordinator
(415) 526-2553 Voice / (415) 457-2421 TTY (415)457-6457 FAX
CALCASA Members: Please feel free to contact David Lee for additional information.