Who is The LEAP (Leadership Education And Advancement For Professionals) Program For?
Individuals interested in developing, building, and enhancing their leadership skills in the anti-violence against women field to address sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking and intersecting issues. As a cohort member, LEAP Fellows will develop and enhance leadership and management skills to take upon and succeed in leadership/management roles in their organizations and in the field.
- Self-identify as a person of color.
- Currently an Executive Director, Senior Director, or Senior Manager at an organization addressing gender-based violence.
- Currently in an Executive Director, Senior Director, or Senior Manager position for at least one (1) year at an organization addressing gender-based violence.
- Have experience supervising staff at an organization addressing gender-based violence.
- Fully commit to the LEAP 9-month program period and requirements.
What does the program provide?
Participants embark on a 9-month intensive leadership development program with their cohort fellows in various activities for engagement both virtual and in-person, that include but are not limited to webinars, coaching, peer-to-peer mentoring. The program is staffed and delivered by skilled professionals in the gender-based violence field. At the conclusion of the LEAP Fellows’ cohort 9-month intensive program, LEAP Fellows will receive a certificate of achievement recognizing their participation.
What does it cost?
There are no fees to participate in the program. LEAP requires the investment of time committed to completing the 9-month program and organizational support from executive leadership and/or Board of Directors.
Attend the LEAP info-session on September 16 from 12-1pm
Applications are open for LEAP Cohort 8. The due date to submit an application is October 1, 2021.
If you have further questions about the LEAP program and/or applications reach out to Marsela Rojas (she/her), project manager at email@example.com