(Part-time, 50% FTE Position, 20 Hours Per Week)
DESCRIPTION AND PURPOSE OF POSITION
Under the direction of the Controller, the Accounting Associate is primarily responsible for supporting the accounting functions of the organization. This position will perform various accounting and clerical duties, specializing in accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash receipts, credit card reconciliation and other duties as requested. This is a part-time (50% FTE working 20 hours per week), non-exempt position.
* Accounts Payable & Cash Disbursements: Responsible for processing vendor contracts for the Finance Department by making copies, obtaining W9’s when necessary, and making sure that these contracts have been entered into the accounts payable system as a purchase order requisition. Maintains a file of the signed copies of these contracts for each fiscal year. Processes and monitors the request for payment requisitions being entered by the staff into the accounting software making sure that the coding is correct prior to the posting of the requisition as an accounts payable invoice. Obtains a W9 prior to payment if this is a service vendor. Enters monthly reoccurring accounts payable invoices for payment. Processes check payments as necessary, obtains the necessary signatures from two check signers, and prepares these checks for mailing. Files paid accounts payable invoices with check stubs in the vendor files. Makes new vendor file folders as needed. Prepares 1099’s at year end. Creates new vendor files at the beginning of each fiscal year. Purges out and boxes up the old paid accounts payable files at the fiscal year end.
* Accounts Receivable and Cash Receipts: Enters monthly grant billings into the accounting software as an accounts receivable invoice. Enters EFT draws as a cash receipt. Enters all other accounts receivable transactions into the accounting software for third party billings, publication orders, etc. Processes the incoming checks and prepares bank deposits. Posts the cash receipts into the accounting software.
* Credit Card Reconciliation: Enters the credit card expense reports as received from staff. Responsible for the credit card reconciliation prior to the payment of the monthly credit card statements.
* Payroll and Human Resources: Trains as a backup for payroll processing in the event of the Controller’s absence. Also may be required to assist the Controller with other Human Resources duties such as open enrollment for staff insurance benefits, preparing new hire packets, etc.
* Miscellaneous: Assists Controller and Directors with special projects and any other duties as assigned.
* Minimum of 2 – 5 years experience in an accounting or bookkeeping position. Knowledge of non-profit accounting/operations preferred. Experience in hands-on bookkeeping with an emphasis on accounts payable and payroll required.
* Excellent organizational and communication skills, both oral and written.
* Ability to utilize current technological equipment, computer networks, and software programs, including Windows, Microsoft Office, spreadsheets, data bases (Excel), Power Point, Quickbooks PC-based general ledger accounting system and other state-of-the-art technological functions. Skilled in the use of office equipment including 10-key, copier, typewriter, telephones and postage meter.
* Ability to work independently, prioritizes tasks, and meets deadlines. Solid organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills.
* Professional, customer-service approach and demeanor that sets a professional tone for the office. Ability to work collaboratively with staff, board, membership, public, vendors, and funders. Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
* Ability to work independently yet takes direction. Demonstrate initiative and self-motivation. Flexible to changing priorities and deadlines. Can juggle multiple tasks to “get the job done” and is detail oriented.
* Accept and abide by the mission and philosophy of CALCASA.
* Ability to lift 40 lbs. in order to move equipment, boxes of paper, supplies, etc. Physical demands are typical for an office environment including sitting, stooping/kneeling, reaching, handling, speaking, hearing, and seeing. The noise level in the working environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Starting wage ranges from $14.42 per hour to $17.22 per hour, depending on the candidate’s qualifications.
Please submit a cover letter, résumé, salary history, and three professional references to:
1215 K Street, Suite 1100
Sacramento, CA 95814
Deadline: Position Open Until Filled
No phone calls please! CALCASA will only contact those candidates that they are interested in interviewing.
CALCASA makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals. All employment actions are based solely on an individual’s qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, religion, cancer-related medical condition, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, ancestry citizenship, or marital status.
CALCASA is an Equal Opportunity Employer