- Learn and practice a common, social-justice language of equity and alliance.
- To deepen practical understanding of how inequity impacts leadership opportunities.
- To critically analyze current succession planning efforts.
- To use a transition framework to harness creative, inclusive leadership development.
The DOWG was established in 2005 by a small group of activist from the CALCASA Council and membership organizations who perceived a critical need to address issues of oppression and equity within the movement to end sexual violence. The DOWG consist of a five person panel: Lita Mercado, Jacquie Marroquin, Alena Marie, Tiombe Preston, and Allan Creighton. The DOWG participated as or were primary trainers at the following events:
- CALCASA Social Justice and Inclusion
- CALCASA Executive Director Meeting
- 2010 CALCASA Statewide Pre-Conference
- 2010 National Sexual Assault Conference
To find out more information about DOWG and or CALCASA trainings, please contact Kavin Black at CALCASA – firstname.lastname@example.org or (916)446-2520 ext 305. Please provide comments in the box below regarding this article