On Feb. 28, 2012, more than 40 people attended the CALCASA web conference “SAAM 2012 Media Campaign.” In this web conference, CALCASA prepared members to talk to media about: how your center has been affected by budgetary cuts/constraints; legislation supported by rape crisis centers; and new data about sexual assault.
As momentum starts to build around Sexual Assault Awareness Month, CALCASA would like to use media opportunities to not only highlight the events and work at California Rape Crisis Centers, but also to make sexual assault a priority issue for the media and those who are watching — funders, policymakers and general public. CALCASA’s focus for SAAM 2012 is to capitalize on the coverage of SAAM by raising issues that rape crisis centers are currently facing.
Host/Presenter: Jessica Renee Napier & Alexis Marbach
Resources from this web conference:
- Web Conference Audio Recording
- Web Conference PowerPoint
- Handout: How to foster a relationship with your local media
- Handout: Have media cover your SAAM event
- Handout: Press Release Template
- Handout: Tips for talking to the media
- Handout: Developing talking points
- Video: CALCASA Interview Tips