CALCASA will be conducting several trainings on prevention in the coming months. These trainings will meet the training requirements from the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) for the Rape Prevention and Education (RPE) grant.
RPE grantee trainings:
- July 23, 2013 2:00 – 3:30 pm: Logic Models for Prevention Programming I Web Conference. Register here: https://calcasa.ilinc.com/register/jxccryp. Alexis Marbach will lead this web conference on developing logic models for prevention programs. Attending this web conference (or watching a recording) is required for the August Logic Model Training.
- August 27, 2013 9:00am – noon: Logic Models for Prevention Programming II CDPH Statewide Training Institute Pre-Conference before the National Sexual Assault Conference. Alexis Marbach will lead this in-person training on developing logic models for prevention programs. Attending the July 23 web conference (or watching a recording) is required. CALCASA California scholarships are available to all California Rape Crisis Centers.
- September and October 2013: Moving from Logic Models to Program Planning and Evaluation. CALCASA’s Abby Sims, David Lee, Chad Sniffen and Ashley Maier will lead small participatory trainings in each region to work on how to use logic models to support prevention program planning and evaluation. Dates and times to be announced.
- October 2013: Integrating Prevention: Lessons Learned Web Conference. CALCASA will host a web conference to share outcomes of California Rape Crisis Centers implementation of prevention integration plans.
In addition, CALCASA’s national project PreventConnect has several great prevention web conferences:
- Tuesday, July 9, 2013 11am – 12:30pm: Primary prevention in the context of a traumatized community. Register here: http://www.preventconnect.org/2013/06/pp_traumatized_community/
- Tuesday, July 16, 2013 11am – 12:30pm: Understanding Evidence for Intimate Partner Violence and Sexual Violence Prevention: A Demonstration of CDC’s Interactive Tool to Support Evidence-Based Decision Making (in collaboration with Division of Violence Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention). Register here: http://www.preventconnect.org/2013/06/understanding_evidence_sv_ipv/
- Tuesday, July 30, 2013 11am – 12:30pm: Gender Transformative Programs: Lessons Learned from HIV Prevention and other health programs (with National Gender Council and EngenderHealth)
- Thursday, September 12, 2013 11am – 12:30pm (Tentative): Bystander Intervention: Continuing Discussion (in collaboration with Mentors in Violence Prevention)