Date09/15/2022 10:30 AM - 12:00 PM PST
Presenter(s)Nani Swaminathan (they/she) Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Survivor Services Manager
For many advocates, prioritizing self-care, being accountable to your own restoration, and building a community of care and support can feel insurmountable. We are faced with the day-to-day challenges of working within oppressive systems, dealing with emergencies and crises, and managing a busy workload.
This webinar seeks to provide some insight into how we can make ourselves whole, build resilience with intention, and care for ourselves as an act of liberation.
- Understand the difference between care vs. maintenance
- Create opportunities to tend to vicarious trauma with timeliness and intention
- Build a personalized self-care plan
- Identify how to keep ourselves accountable for our own healing
- Build communities of care and support with authenticity
- Introduce wellness and self-care practices into our organizations and places of work