Date12/16/2020 10:00 - 12:00 PST
Host(s)Sarah Orton (she/her) & Jessie Towne-Cardenas (she/her) – CALCASA
Presenter(s)Vijay Singh (he/him)
Podcasting has become an increasingly popular way to receive information, education about social justice issues, and mobilize communities. Participants will learn the basics for making a podcast – from honing the idea in their head through recording it and delivering it to the listener’s ears. The session will cover the five major phases for making a podcast:
- Phase One – Ideation phase: Learn suggested approaches for picking and/or honing an idea for your audience and goals.
- Phase Two – Pre-production: Learn approaches and best practices for pre-production, creating a content plan, and identifying the people and tools you’ll need.
- Phase Three – Production: Learn best practices and tips for recording and production
- Phase Four – Post-production: Learn the basic concepts for editing and how to make the most of your recordings.
- Phase Five – Distribution and Marketing: Learn how to market and distribute your podcast after it’s produced.
- Identify and describe the five phases of making a podcast.
- Describe a plan for creating content and marketing.
- Identify the equipment and software needed to record, produce, and distribute a podcast.