Working to prevent violence in California? Join a Community of Practice with other preventionists throughout the state. In collaboration with The California Partnership to End Domestic Violence, ValorUS is co-facilitating two Community of Practice (CoP) groups. Formed in the summer of 2020, these CoPs are intended for anyone who is implementing sexual or intimate partner violence prevention in California, regardless of specific programming or funding sources.
For those who may not know, a Community of Practice is a group of people who share a common interest or practice and meet regularly to discuss the work and how to do it better. CoPs utilize a peer learning and networking model and are meant to offer connection and community as well as information and resources. While many CoPs have facilitators or organizers, the space is intended to be collaborative and group led.
We invite you to come join the coalitions and prevention colleagues across California in sharing space, talking strategy, and building community. As these CoPs are open to all, please feel free to invite colleagues and community partners outside of DV/SA organizations.
ValorUS and The Partnership will be hosting Prevention CoP in three focus areas:
Prevention with LGBQTI+ Communities
- Facilitated by Janae Sargent (she/they) from ValorUS and Miranda Stiers (they/them) from the Partnership
- Meeting: First Thursday of each month from 9am-10:30am
- Register HERE (one you’ve registered you can attend any session)
Creating Safer School Environments:
- Facilitated by Jessie Towne-Cardenas (she/hers) from ValorUS and Melodie Kruspodin and Kimmie Remus (she/hers) from the Partnership
- Meeting: 13rd Friday of the month from 12:30 to 2:00pm.
- Join HERE
Questions? Please reach out to David Lee email@example.com.