Date03/07/2023 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM PST
Presenter(s)Marsela Rojas (she/her), Jennica Sinor (she/her) VALOR, Edward Cervantes (he/him) Just Detention International
This webinar is a continuation of the Setting Up Rape Crisis Services for Incarcerated Survivors webinar. It is designed for advocates and agencies who have completed internal preparations and are ready to begin providing rape crisis services to incarcerated survivors of sexual abuse. This webinar provides guidance for advocates on how to best provide emotional support services to incarcerated survviors via hotline calls, written correspondence, and during forensic exams.
- Describe the fundamentals of victim advocacy in detention.
- Discuss the basics of providing hotline services and written correspondence in detention.
- Discuss the essentials for responding to forensic exams.
- Privileged Correspondence Labels CA Evidence. 1035.4 - Print on Avery 5160
- In His Own Words: Martin
- CA Advancing PREA Office Hours: Letter Writing Workshop
- CA Advancing PREA: Setting Up Services for Incarcerated Survivors
- CDCR Locator
- Federal Bureau of Prisons Locator
- Developing Outreach Materials that are Appropriate for Detention: Office Hours
- PREA Youth Fillable Posters, Available in English and Spanish
- PREA Fillable Posters for Adult Facilities, Available in English and Spanish
- "Help is Available" Posters for CDCR